Maintaining commercial heating and cooling systems is no small feat, but as a property owner, understanding the basics of it can go a long way in ensuring indoor comfort for everyone involved, from staff members or tenants to customers. Whether you’re a seasoned property manager or a new business owner, this guide from a trusted AC repair company gives you an overview of what you need to know.
Understanding Commercial Comfort Systems
Commercial heating and cooling systems are the backbone of your business’s ability to maintain a comfortable and safe environment. These systems control not just your building’s comfort but also its air quality. Investing in regular maintenance keeps everyone inside the premises comfortable while also preventing heating and AC repair cost from rising unexpectedly.
Why Is Maintenance Important?
Regular maintenance of commercial heating and cooling systems has several benefits:
- Energy Efficiency. Properly maintained systems consume less energy, lowering operating costs.
- Extend Equipment Lifespan. Proper upkeep can preserve and even extend the service life of your heating and air conditioning systems.
- Improved Air Quality. Proper maintenance can also help improve the air quality in your building by removing dust, debris and mold that can accumulate in the system.
- Minimal Breakdowns. Preventative maintenance can help prevent sudden malfunctions or breakdowns, which can affect the day-to-day operations of businesses inside the building.
Routine Maintenance Tasks to Remember
The following are some of the maintenance tasks you can expect a team of technicians can perform to ensure the longevity and performance of commercial heating and cooling systems:
- Changing Air Filters. Replacing air filters regularly, typically every one to three months, helps ensure the continuous operation of the system while also minimizing the spread of allergens that can pollute the indoor air.
- Cleaning Coils. Dirty coils can reduce the efficiency of your system. Make sure to have these parts cleaned during scheduled tune-ups with a trusted technician.
- Inspecting the Interior Components. Checking for refrigerant leaks, worn belts or damaged components that may require repair or replacement is vital to keeping the system functioning as intended. Lubricating the moving parts also helps prevent wear and tear.
- Cleaning Ducts. Ensuring the ducts are clear of debris, dust and mold helps improve air quality and maintain heating and cooling efficiency.
- Checking Thermostat Settings. The pros can calibrate thermostats as needed, making sure that they are accurate and programmed to your preferred settings. This way, your building can save energy and maintain a comfortable indoor environment.
- Inspect Electrical Connections. The pros will also take a look at the electrical connections and components for signs of wear, damage or frayed wires that may pose a safety hazard.
Choose Us as Your HVAC Maintenance Partner in Stratford, CT
You can rely on Tyler Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration LLC for high-quality heating and cooling maintenance services, as well as water heater repairs and indoor air quality solutions. Call us at (203) 660-2031, or complete our online form to schedule an appointment.