Almost everything we use at home these days runs on electricity, which is why most people install multiple power outlets and power boards in each room. Keep in mind, though, that not using electricity properly can be particularly dangerous, as circuit overloads can result in serious hazards like fire or electric shock.
As a leading provider of electrical services and water heater repair in the region, Tyler Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration LLC is here to share some tips to help you avoid the dangers of circuit overload.
- Always inspect your wiring. Regularly check all cords plugged into your electrical outlets. Make sure there are no cracks that can lead to exposed wires. Keep in mind that extension cords and multi-tap outlets are temporary solutions and shouldn’t be used to run major appliances like televisions, refrigerators, dishwashers and the like.
- Know your wattage. If you notice the lights in your microwave or vacuum cleaner are starting to dim, this may be an indication that you’re overloading your circuits. As the go-to electrical services and AC repair company in the area, we recommend having a general idea of how much power your appliances use individually so you can compare this with how much power your home can handle.
- Prevent clutter. When not using an appliance or electronic item, be sure to unplug it – especially if you’re experiencing issues with dimming lights or tripped circuits. Furthermore, consider spacing out your appliances if possible so they aren’t using the same outlet.
In addition to dealing with AC repair costs, one thing you must consider when seeking to lower your home maintenance costs is your electrical. Avoid circuit damage by following the simple steps mentioned above. If you need help, you can always turn to the experts at Tyler Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration LLC.
Give us a call today at (203) 660-2031 or complete our form to schedule a FREE consultation.