Should I Install a Whole House Humidifier?
I know we hate to hear it, but the reality is Summer will come to a close and Winter will be arriving before you know it. This isn’t Game of Thrones, this is real life, and we are all going to need to be ready for when that time comes. If you’ve had problems with indoor air quality in the past, you might want to listen to our advice about how a humidifier can help your situation:
Benefits of a Whole Home System
- We’ll start with the obvious answer… A whole home humidifier is installed within your HVAC system and it services every room as opposed to just one. This can be more efficient if you live in an area where humidity is a problem like it can be up here in Connecticut.
- Whole Home Systems also run through your duct system which gives them a much larger capacity. Portable systems are not as effective and sometimes they are not even large enough to maintain moisture levels in a single room.
- These humidifiers are also connected directly to the plumbing system of your home so they require little maintenance. A portable unit requires tank cleaning and water changing that can be annoying and messy.
- They are not taking up space and looking unappealing in your room.
- They work with more energy efficiency than individual units.
When is Portable Better?
- If you’re a renter or someone who spends a majority of their time in a single room, portable is the way to go.
- College dorm rooms should be equipped with a portable humidifier.
- These units are good for when someone gets sick in the winter. They often get sick because of the dry, stuffy air and moisture can help clear their sinuses. Give it a try the next time you catch a cold!
Here at Tyler Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration LLC, we provide HVAC services of all shapes and sizes. We repair and install the equipment that heats and cools your home and we provide services for the technology that helps maintain proper indoor air quality. We are a true one stop shop for all of your heating and cooling needs!
To schedule indoor air quality service, call 203-378-4700 or schedule online for faster booking!