It’s not time to power on that central air conditioning system just yet, but we do suggest doing it sooner rather than later. That way, you’ll have ample time to handle any HVAC problems that come your way well before the first heat wave of the season hits.
Speaking of AC issues, we realize that it can sometimes be difficult to decipher whether a repair or a full-out replacement is in order. To combat that, we’ve done two things:
- We’re committed to providing free estimates and honest feedback on all HVAC issues we assess. If we truly feel that a replacement will be most beneficial down the line, we promise to point you in the right direction from the start.
- We’ve compiled a quick list of signs to look out for when it comes to your air conditioning unit. That way, you’ll be able to have more of a handle on when it’s time to put your current system to rest and upgrade to a newer, more efficient model.
So, without further ado, here are some of the key indicators you should consider when deciding whether your unit is ready for a refresh or is just in need of repairs.
- Age: Is your heat pump or AC more than 10 years old? If so, it may be time to bite the bullet and go for a newer model. If you do choose to keep your current system, you should expect repairs to be required more frequently in the future.
- Technology: Are you still working with a manual thermostat and an outdated unit? As technology advances, your home’s amenities should too. Not just to stay on top of trends, but to help keep up with energy efficiency, which in turn, keeps utility bills down.
- Cost: According to Consumer Reports, a good gauge of whether replacing will pay off is to take a look at the cost of repairs. If the cost to fix your current AC unit exceeds 50% of the cost of purchasing a brand new one, replacing is your best bet.
Have you schedule your seasonal HVAC maintenance yet? If not, what are you waiting for? Tyler Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration LLC has been serving the Fairfield County and New Haven County areas with top of the line heating and cooling services for more than 20 years, and we’ve got a great track record to prove it!
For more information about the air conditioning repair and installation services we offer, contact us online to schedule an appointment, or call 203-378-4700 today!