Nothing says “I love you” like a warm, cozy home – especially on a frigid February day. That being said, take some time out today to show your furnace you really care about its well-being. After all, if you treat your furnace with love and warmth, it will most definitely return the favor. Here’s what we suggest:
- Install a humidifier. Confused? While yes, a humidifier and a furnace do two completely separate jobs, they go together like peanut butter and jelly! Heating your home can cause dry air, but a humidifier can combat that by adding moisture back – perfect harmony.
- Clean and replace air filters. We’ve said it many time before, and we’ll say it again, keeping your filters clean and clear matters! Don’t let dust and debris cause your furnace to kick-it into overtime. Not only will an overworked furnace be more likely to break down, but it will use more energy, causing utility bills to skyrocket.
- Forgo the fireplace. Cozying up next to a warm fireplace with a bottle of wine and a good movie might seem like the ideal date night, but hear us out. Lighting a fire in your home can suck the warm air out of other rooms, sending it right up and out of your chimney. Kind of counterproductive, don’t you think?
- Insulate sneaky escape zones. We bet you didn’t know that outlet plate and switch covers are some of the most common culprits of heat loss. Fortunately, there’s an easy fix! Just pick up some foam insulation pads from your local hardware store and insert them behind the plate covers.
- Hire professional maintenance. Many homeowners make the mistake of saving service calls for when there’s an issue. Instead of being reactive, try being proactive by scheduling regular furnace maintenance by a pro. An annual service plan purchased now can save you a ton of money in the long run!
Looking to stop – in the name of love – and give your furnace the TLC it deserves this Valentine’s Day? If you live in the Fairfield County, CT area, Tyler Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration LLC has you covered. Just dial 203-378-4700 to speak to a member of the Tyler Team today!