Did you know that the thought process used to create air conditioners actually helped kick start the development of computer technology and manufacturing? That’s right, without air conditioners, we might not that computers. Allow us to blow your mind even more with more fun A/C facts below.
- The very first air conditioner was designed by Willis Carrier® in 1902. It’s main function was to balance the humidity levels in a New York publishing house, which would help ink dry faster and keep p
- Without air conditioning technology, the medical industry would never be as successful as it is today. Many types of medications and medical facilities require cool temperatures to be created and kept in storage.
- Air conditioners can help minimize the effects of allergies dramatically. Their ability to filter and clean boosts indoor air quality and removes common allergens from your home’s atmosphere.
- Just like schools, before the invention of air conditioning, many large industries and government offices used to close for the summer months to beat the heat. Imagine having summer vacation for life? Tempting yes, but we’d rather have air conditioners.
- The first U.S. president to enjoy the benefits of a crisp, cool Oval Office was Herbert Hoover. His system cost a whopping $30,000 — which is equivalent to more than $400,000 today!
If you live in Fairfield County, New Haven County or the surrounding area and are looking to repair or install an air conditioner, look no further than Tyler Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration LLC. Not only are we licensed and insured, but we’re highly regarded by many of our past customers, are a factory authorized dealer of Carrier® home heating and cooling appliances and are recognized as a NATE Certified Technician.
To learn more about our heating and cooling services, visit our website or give us a call at 203-378-4700.