2 Steps to Choose The Perfect Thermostat
Having a proper thermostat is an extremely important feature for any home. The decision that you make in choosing your thermostat can have a tremendous impact on your family’s comfort as well as your home’s energy usage. If you’re in the market for a new thermostat but are not sure where to begin, here are two simple questions to ask yourself to get your decision process moving.
- What is kind of system do I have?
Central heating and cooling is the most common system type, which comes in electric, gas and oil options. As far as heating goes, you may also have a heat pump, electric baseboard heating, a fireplace or a furnace.
- What are my thermostat options? There are several different types of thermostats for your to choose from, depending on your home’s specific needs. Here’s a quick rundown of each:
- Learning thermostats are programmable without much effort. In fact, they pretty much program themselves based on how you use them.
- Remote energy management thermostats are unique in that they allow a homeowner to program and monitor heating and cooling from virtually anywhere. As long as you’ve got Wi-Fi, you’ll be able to manage your home’s temperature settings.
- Programmable thermostats are arguably the most popular type because they allow you to use your heating and cooling systems as energy efficiently as possible. You’ll be able to program specific temperatures for days and times with ease.
- Digital non-programmable thermostats have all the bells and whistles of a programmable thermostat, minus the programming option. This works best for those those who want full control over their home’s heating and cooling at all times.
- Mechanical or manual thermostats are the most standard and basic option. They’re perfect for those that are home often and like a fixed, constant temperature.
While there are certainly a wide variety of thermostat options to choose from, the HVAC professionals at Tyler Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration LLC always recommend choosing something that is fully programmable. No only do they keep your home at a comfortable temperature at all times, but they can save you a ton of time and money as well.
To learn more about our heating and cooling services, visit our website or give us a call at 203-378-4700.