If you’re not careful, pests can get into your home, as well as your air conditioning system. When this happens, various problems can develop, compromising your indoor air quality and the functionality of your air conditioning unit.
In this post, air conditioner and furnace replacement expert Tyler Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration LLC, shares some tips on how you can prevent pests from infesting your air conditioning system.
The Importance of Pest-Proofing Your Air Conditioning System
Pest infestation can lead to a number of issues, including health problems. Below are some of the possible consequences if you fail to prevent or get rid of pests in your air conditioning system:
1. Odor – Dead pests, droppings and other pest debris can cause the interior of your air conditioning system to stink. This can then cause the air that circulates through the duct system to take on a bad odor.
2. Eyes, Nose & Throat Irritation – If you’re using pesticides to treat the infestation, this may irritate your eyes, nose and/or throat.
3. Allergies – Many pests are also considered to be allergens, and exposure to these through your air conditioning system can trigger symptoms that range from mild to severe.
How to Keep Pests Out of Your Air Conditioning System
Here are a few tips to follow that the best HVAC companies would likely suggest to you:
1. Schedule annual tune-ups to prevent air conditioning problems. Spring is usually a good time to get this done.
2. Ensure that air ducts are sealed. Gaps and cracks in the air ducts can provide an opening for pests.
3. Use air vent screens to cover the whole vent. Experts recommend using aluminum wire mesh.
4. Don’t forget to clean outdoor units.
5. Always call a professional to do any work on your air conditioning system.
Whether you need help with air conditioner or heat pump repair, the experts at Tyler can get the job done right. Our team of dedicated professionals are highly trained and experienced, so you can be assured of quality services. Call us at (203) 378-4700 or fill out our contact form to request a free estimate.