If you’re a small business owner or a commercial building landlord, you know that your home isn’t the only free-standing building that needs preparation for the colder seasons. Make sure your building is prepared to handle the winter. Follow these simple steps, starting today.
- Inspect Insulation: Don’t let small leaks fool you. Even the tiniest of air leaks can compromise your HVAC system’s ability to heat your building cost-effectively. Give your entire building a good inspection, repairing sealants and adding insulation where needed.
- Check Plumbing: How are things looking down in that boiler room and in each bathroom throughout the building? Small plumbing problems can escalate fast if pipes freeze over in the winter.
- Test Heating: Have you tried to fire up your heating system yet this season? If not, what are you waiting for! It’s better to test your HVAC unit now while it’s not frigid out. That way, if there is a problem you still have some time to fix it and not freeze. Make sure to set up your temperature zones accordingly as well, and program your thermostats for maximum efficiency.
- Clean Gutters: Now is the time to make sure your drainage system is functioning properly. Have them cleaned and inspected by a professional to make sure they work well throughout the whole season. You may consider installing some heat tape as well, that way you can get a head start on beating those dreaded ice dams.
- Be Diligent: Keeping your commercial building heated and comfortable all winter long is no easy task, which is why the “set it and forget it” mentality just won’t work! Be sure to keep checking on your gutters, monitoring your energy usage and ensuring that your buildings insulation hasn’t been compromised.
Could you use a hand getting your heating system up and running for the season? If you live in Milford CT or any of the surrounding areas, you’re in luck! Tyler Heating & Air Conditioning can help you keep your building nice and toasty, and your monthly utility costs down.
To learn more about our heating repair and installation services, call 203-378-4700 today.