- Caulk up those windows. Don’t let your HVAC system work overtime! Not only will it put stress on your unity, but it will be more costly as well. Prevent warm air from escaping through poorly sealed window frames with a fresh layer of caulking.
- Weatherstrip those doors. You’d be surprised how much warm air can escape through the small gaps in your doorjamb. Fortunately, a quick application of new weatherstripping can reinforce the seal, keeping warm air in and cold winter drafts out.
- Bundle up with drapes and rugs. A heavy set of drapes and a nice large area rug can give your home some added insulation – plus a it of seasonal style!
- Avoid a faulty flue! No, we don’t mean the flu, as in the sickness – though we suggest you try to avoid that too – instead, we mean the flue for your fireplace. Have your chimney cleaned and inspected to make sure your flue closes properly to keep cold air out.
- Blanket your water heater. A water heater blanket helps insulate the tank to prevent it from losing heat quickly in the winter, resulting in a lower energy bill. You can grab one for about $20 at your local hardware store.
- Change your furnace filters. A dirty furnace is a less efficient furnace, and we certainly think you’d want your furnace functioning at full capacity during the coldest months of the year. On that note, it’s also beneficial to have your furnace serviced by a professional as well.
If you live in Fairfield County, New Haven County or the surrounding area and are looking for a hand getting your HVAC system prepped for the winter months ahead, Tyler Heating & Air Conditioning is the only name you need to know! The team at Tyler is experienced, knowledgeable, and most important friendly!
To learn more about the home heating and HVAC services we offer, browse through our website of dial 23-378-4800 to speak with a representative directly.